Do you enjoy meaningful work in an environment where you can make an impact, learn and collaborate well with others who are just as passionate about their work as you? The Denver Museum of Nature & Science Marketing Department is looking for a Bilingual Internal Communications Specialist to join their team.
This position is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal communication strategy, producing and updating content for the internal website, providing expert copywriting, and offering occasional media support. This position will play a vital role in keeping our staff informed, engaged and motivated. This role will build and enhance the Museum’s internal communication strategy, channels and platforms, and promote a positive, informed organizational culture.
If you’re a skilled communicator ready to make an impact, we want to hear from you!
Job Class: Full Time
Hiring Range: $65,000-72,000k
Work Schedule: M-F; Hybrid: 3 days in office.
The Rose Andom Center, Colorado’s first family justice center, improves the lives of domestic violence victims by facilitating better access to services and staff of community organizations and government agencies in a single, safe location. At the Rose Andom Center, organizations and agencies work together under one roof to provide for the needs of individuals and families affected by domestic violence.
Job Title: Guest Navigator
Status: Part Time 20-26 hours per week
Salary Range: $20 – $21/hour
Reports to: Client Services Manager
This position is the first point of contact for all individuals entering the Rose Andom Center. This person coordinates with community and systems partners and guests to ensure that guest needs are met, and security protocols are followed. This position also takes the lead on responding to phone calls, directing information and resources and scheduling Rose Andom Center intake appointments.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for hospitality, screening all visitors to determine their destination, as well as preforming a check-out evaluation with clients, and confirming appointments.
• Ensure conflict-checks and security protocols are followed.
• Utilize crisis-intervention techniques and trauma-informed practices when communicating with clients to help problem-solve.
• Manage front desk business, including answering phones and providing basic information on services provided at the Rose Andom Center; transfer calls to appropriate staff and partners.
• Navigate client needs by thoroughly screening them and make resource referrals when necessary
• Facilitate warm hand offs between onsite partners, including community and systems-based agencies and our onsite medical clinic.
• Create basic safety plans with clients to ensure survivors have safe options after they exit the Center, ensuring wrap-around needs are met.
• Distribute mail and notify partners of package deliveries.
• Enter client data and tracking into relevant spreadsheets and database as needed.
• Prep interview rooms as needed; ensure they are stocked with copies and supplies.
• Work closely and cooperatively in a team setting with Rose Andom Center staff, Agency Partners, interns, and volunteers.
• Provide miscellaneous support to clients and staff as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred, bilingual differential offered
• Prior experience serving diverse communities and clients who have experienced trauma.
• Commitment to social justice and the mission of the Rose Andom Center.
• Reliable and Dependable
✓Must meet strictly defined time frames and deadlines.
✓Ability to handle demands of daily workload management.
✓ Multi-Task Abilities
✓Able to manage numerous tasks efficiently and responsibly.
✓Solid follow through on projects.
✓ Problem Solver
✓Ability to provide informed, diplomatic, and thoughtful solutions to daily problems.
✓Provide conflict resolution.
✓Maintain ethical communication.
This is a full-time, salaried position working in the state of Colorado. While this position is remote, there is an expectation to attend events and meetings in person across the state as needed.
At CPCQC we are on a mission to ensure that EVERY pregnant and postpartum person, infant, and their families in Colorado have access to and receive safe, equitable, high-quality care. This team is driving new collaborations, expanding community connection to care, and driving state-wide maternal and infant health quality improvement initiatives. Colorado Perinatal Care Quality Collaborative (CPCQC) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit that works with healthcare facilities, community-based organizations, and families here in Colorado as well with national partners to advance best practices and improve outcomes in maternal and infant health.
The Director of Communications will create and execute, in consultation with CPCQC leadership, a communications strategy that addresses CPCQC’s various audiences (participants, partners, community, elected officials, donors, and others) and leads the organization in explaining our work, our impact, and the evolutions of perinatal and infant health in Colorado. The Director of Communications position reports to the Chief Executive Officer. In partnership with the Chief Executive Officer, the CPCQC Leadership Team, and the Board of Directors the Director of Communications will lead efforts to support and position the organization as it continues to grow rapidly. This role may oversee independent contractors providing communications support services. The Director of Communications also provides support to Colorado’s Maternal Mental Health Collaborative (CMMHC) which has its own communications strategy and the Maternal Behavioral Health Policy and Finance Coalition. CPCQC serves as the backbone organization for CMMHC and supports essential elements of the initiative including development, communications, and administrative functions.
The Opportunity: Communications Specialist
The Humane Society of Boulder Valley (HSBV) is seeking a full-time Communications Specialist to lead marketing projects and initiatives designed to advance community awareness and save animal lives. The specialist will work in partnership with the Marketing and Community Relations Manager to support HSBV’s strategic initiatives by planning, developing, and maintaining strategic marketing tactics, including but not limited to content for the organization’s website and social media platforms. The specialist also helps create multi-media content to enhance donor engagement and to identify compelling stories that highlight HSBV’s services and life-saving work. The specialist also collaborates with the Philanthropy department to support marketing and communications for special events. This is a new position for the organization and, to maintain alignment with the organization’s title conventions, the specialist’s job title will be Communications Coordinator. The specialist will report directly to the Marketing and Community Relations Manager and will work closely with the Philanthropy team and HSBV leadership.
You are an excellent candidate for this role if you are a storyteller, with a writing style that sparks others to want to make a difference for the pets and people in our community, and beyond. Your ability to listen patiently builds trust with your information sources and your colleagues. At the same time, your ability to problem-solve, think creatively, and organize your workflow have made you a trusted, and valued professional.
We encourage you to apply if you have experience that is transferable, even if it is not a perfect match. We encourage applications from members of underrepresented groups including but not limited to women, members of the LGBTQ+ community, people of color, people with disabilities, and veterans.
Summary of Responsibilities
Website Content and Social Media Leadership
Storytelling and Fundraising Campaigns
This summary is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required to fulfill this role. A pre-employment background check and drug screen are required for all employment candidates. A pre-employment background check and drug screen are required for all employment candidates.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred in related fields such as communication, public relations, or marketing. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Experience with the veterinary or animal welfare industries is a plus. Minimum two (2) years of experience writing and managing social media and website content. Thorough understanding of social media, website metrics and algorithms. Demonstrated experience writing clear, concise, and compelling messages for a variety of audiences.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Practiced search engine optimization (SEO) and HTML skills. Working knowledge of mass communication strategies and best practices. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; experience using AP style preferred. Strong organizational or project management skills and ability to prioritize workload with competing deadlines. Detail oriented with attention to accuracy. Familiar with graphic file types and tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator software, software and Canva, with a desire to learn additional applications and technology as needed. Preferred experience with the following or similar platforms: Mailchimp, WordPress, and social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), TikTok and YouTube.
Work Environment and Schedule
This position offers a hybrid work environment with a balance between working from home and onsite in the office, sitting at a desk, and using a telephone and computer regularly. Scheduling for working from home is at the manager’s discretion and depends on the type of work. The position is scheduled primarily during regular business hours, and, at times, work demands may require hours to be worked on weekends, and evenings to support fundraising functions, events, meetings, media relations events, and training.
When working onsite, there is regular exposure to animals, potentially subject to animal bites and scratches, zoonotic disease, and cleaning agents. The performance of duties includes frequent walking, standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, and stooping. On occasion, the lifting of up to 40 lbs. with assistance may be required. This role may need to periodically drive on behalf of HSBV.
About the CELL:
The CELL is a nonpartisan nonprofit and a leading center of excellence addressing the foremost issues in national and global security today. We believe that knowledge is the surest way to enhance community safety. We strive to create extraordinary experiences for individuals to understand the threats we face and what we can do together to confront them. To accomplish this mission, we are seeking talented individuals to join our team whose passions range from national security to combating racism. If you like to work hard and are passionate about improving your community through education, we want to hear from you! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, competitive wages, and a supportive, rewarding, and inspiring work environment.
Are you a creative and driven marketing professional looking for an opportunity to make a significant impact? Engage your abilities and passions every day as you help us market our dynamic educational programs, one-of-a-kind exhibit, award-winning public safety training, and world-renowned speaker series featuring subject matter experts. As Marketing Coordinator, you will work on both traditional and digital marketing strategies and communications campaigns to meet attendance and engagement goals. The successful candidate will provide crucial project coordination support to our growing marketing team, helping to ensure alignment with overall organizational goals and objectives.
• Coordinate and help implement marketing strategies and communications campaigns to meet attendance, earned revenue, and fundraising goals
• Assist in the creation of engaging content for digital platforms, including social media, websites, newsletters, and email marketing
• Assist in managing the CELL’s social media channels and online reputation platforms, ensuring consistent branding and timely content updates
• Proofread and edit external communications, such as the Annual Impact Report, digital and printed event promotion, partner recruitment emails, Board of Director Reports, and more
• Collaborate with internal teams to ensure timely development and external distribution of marketing deliverables
• Assist in event planning and execution, including promotional activities, collateral development, and donor engagement
• Work with graphic design team to develop visuals that align copy and message with look and feel
• Manage outside marketing agencies and contractors, utilizing established project management tools to meet deadlines
• Assist in the representation of the organization at events and press conferences
• Coordinate public and media relations communications and activity, including press release creation and distribution, media relations, and event public relations
• Stay up-to-date with industry trends and emerging marketing strategies to enhance CELL’s outreach efforts
• Other duties as assigned
• 3+ years prior experience working in a marketing or communications role
• Proven success coordinating and implementing marketing and communications strategies and campaigns
• Demonstrated success in communicating complex and sensitive subject matter to diverse audiences
• Excellent organizational and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Proficiency in social media management, content creation, and digital marketing tools
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
• Experience collaborating with graphic designers
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Capable of working well as part of a team as well as independently
Apply By Dec 3rd, 2023
Jefferson County Public Library is looking to hire our next leader to advance our mission, vision, values and strategic priorities as the Director of Communications and Engagement! Are you a collaborator? Do you have a strength in leading teams? Are you at the leading edge of new trends in communications? Your expertise will be in directing the development of brand solutions, community relations, integrated internal and external communications, marketing and demand generation, and creating meaningful opportunities for fuller engagement of staff and our community in the Library. As the Library’s media spokesperson, you will be managing media inquiries, crisis communications, and responding to Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) requests. If you are a skilled communicator with a penchant for innovation and a love of being out in the community, this may be the career for you!
Hiring Range: $92,403.29 – $120,124.27 Annually.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
The statements below are intended to describe the more specific nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. This description is subject to modification as the needs and requirements of the position change.
COMMUNICATIONS & MARKETING:
SUPERVISION & MANAGEMENT:
– Persons hired in this position must be able to perform all the essential tasks required by the position.
– The above statements are illustrative of the essential functions of the job and do not include other nonessential or peripheral duties that may be required.
– JCPL retains the right to modify or change the duties or essential and additional functions of the job at any time without notice.
– Position must comply with laws governing patron privacy and confidentiality under CRS24-90-119, and the Code of Ethics of the American Library Association, as well as ADA governing public access to space and technology.
Required – Bachelor’s degree in Business Communications, Public Relations, or related field.
Required – Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Business Communication and Stakeholder Engagement at a Director level or higher.
Required – Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience of other Directors and/or Managers.
Preferred – Minimum 10 years of experience with Budgeting, Communications, Change Management, Press Release Creation, Directing Stakeholder Engagement and Graphics and Marketing Solutions Management.
Preferred – 10 years of experience supervising other managers and organizational leadership.
Preferred – Master’s degree in related field.
Preferred – Fundraising experience.
Link to Apply
PRIMARY FUNCTION: As a Community Liaison, this position will be responsible for training community organizations on brain injury to help spread awareness and education tatewide. This position will also be responsible for working with professionals regarding understanding BIAC services and referral process.
Build capacity within the community through outreach, brain injury education, training, and consultation to professional networks.
· Coordinate and deliver brain injury education training to community providers by request, in-person or virtually, considering specific population of focus.
· Assess knowledge attainment using survey data and follow up with participants.
· Represent BIAC in the community by seeking out and attending events, meetings, and resource fairs.
· Grow resources within the online resource directory relevant to survivors of an injury to the brain and their caregiving networks.
· With VP of Professional Programs/MINDSOURCE Outreach Director, research, develop, and update content and curriculum for brain injury education as needed (at least annually)
· Provide support and consultation to community professionals by request.
· Create and disseminate educational materials for professionals and clients as needed.
· Partner with systems to develop a formalized referral/linkage process to BIAC services while assuring identification, referral and data collection mechanisms, including, but not limited to, hospital/emergency departments, crisis/mental health centers, judicial settings, DVR and CDE, and other community and human services agencies.
· Establish partnerships with community agencies and hospital systems to 1) gain a BIAC point of contact 2) inquire about agency and population needs 3) schedule training to discuss BIAC, brain injury, and efficient referral processes and 4) follow-up ensure capacity and relationship building.
Program Planning: Ensure a data-driven approach to the formalization and expansion of a sustainable brain injury referral/linkage process.
· In partnership with MINDSOURCE and VP of Professional Programs/MINDSOURCE Outreach Director, develop and implement an annual plan for
o Utilize brain injury datasets to guide outreach targets
o Based on CDC Health Disparities findings, target engagement with groups that have a high prevalence of brain injury
o Create a roadmap for outreach strategies and monitor progress in Salesforce (i.e. increased referral numbers and increased educational trainings)
· Develop and regularly monitor processes for the distribution of brain injury information to partner entities, procedures for releases of information, and new referral contact by BIAC staff.
· Develop and regularly review outreach materials to be provided to individuals identified through registry activities and for referral
sources such as hospitals.
Data Collection, Reporting and Evaluation: Complete all required data collection, entry, and reporting accurately and by the deadlines specified.
· On an ongoing basis, collect and enter data into Salesforce and the state monthly dashboard on number and demographics of individuals referred through linkage activities by partner entities, including data regarding follow through with BIAC services.
· Enter and track brain injury education training audience demographics in Salesforce such as number of attendees, duration of the training, region, role of the professional requesting the education, date of training.
· Check reports specific to outreach efforts to ensure alignment with outreach plan.
Professional Programs Support
· Receive email@example.com emails (primarily client referrals and training requests) and respond or forward as appropriate. Enter new referrals and
other information into Salesforce.
· Resource Directory: Maintain BIAC’s online resource directory and organizational accounts within Salesforce.
· Maintain existing resource directory entries by ensuring all entries are complete and up to date.
· With VP of Professional Programs/MINDSOURCE Outreach Director, leverage Resource Directory to improve resources for BIAC and survivors, and training
opportunities for professionals.
· Receive and review requests from professionals about research studies and ensure the Research Studies page is up to date.
· Update other website content such as, but not limited to, upcoming events, educational materials, external links, staff contact information, and Brain Injury
Professional Networking (BIPN).
Networking and Public Awareness/Communications
· Social Media: Build upon social media outlets to share information including, but not limited to, research, BIAC events, classes and workshops,
community events, BIAC updates, and more.
· Chatter & Resource Brainstorming: Keep open communication with staff by sharing community events, research, and resources on Salesforce Chatter page.
· Facilitate Professional Networking Group: The Brain Injury Professional Networking (BIPN) groups seek to improve the availability of services and
supports for individuals with brain injury, promote the ongoing sustainability of community support systems, and share resources.
o Engage and be a point of contact for BIPN group leaders statewide.
o Coordinate and facilitate quarterly meetings with the Denver Metro BIPN group.
This internship is designed to focus primarily on social media, public relations, marketing, and communications. This person must demonstrate organizational skills, oral and written communication skills, attention to detail, knowledge and experience in social media, and an interest in golf administration.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
About Special Olympics Colorado:
Special Olympics Colorado provides year-round sports training and competition for nearly 16,000 athletes with intellectual disabilities and unified partners. Through the support of an amazing community of coaches, volunteers, donors, sponsors and partners, Special Olympics Colorado is able to offer hundreds of annual engagements, free of charge, to individuals age 2 and up. For more information about Special Olympics Colorado please visit SpecialOlympicsCO.org
At Special Olympics Colorado, we’re committed to building a diverse, creative, engaged, collaborative, and hard-working team that does the right thing for our athletes, our communities, and each other. Our employees are our most valuable asset, and we celebrate this through recognition and benefit enhancements that reflect our changing times and help our employees create a satisfying work-life balance for themselves and their families.
The Website and Graphic Design Manager provides website and design support to more than eight departments within the Special Olympics Colorado umbrella. The Website and Graphic Design Manager works daily to build relationships with Special Olympics Colorado athletes, staff members and community members to most effectively communicate the organization’s mission. This position is responsible for managing numerous projects at once while ensuring that key marketing objectives are being met.
Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing
• Oversee website maintenance and updates as well as analyze and make recommendations for improvements for the user experience
• Recommend and implement SEO and SEM improvements
• Track and analyze marketing analytics to continually expand reach and increase impact of programs
• Oversee and monitor all aspects of our digital assets, including website and social channels
• Support creation and distribution of all public content including Special Olympics Colorado online store, materials, content, etc.
• Be an ambassador for Special Olympics Colorado at all times, including attending events to represent Special Olympics Colorado
• Manage the Special Olympics Colorado website including design, navigational structure and content
• Oversee organizational brand standards and support brand integrity externally and internally, including through advertising, online, email, print, and social media channel
• Provide art direction, management, and implementation for both electronic and printed material for all Special Olympics related programs, events and fundraisers
• Ensure effective and consistent messaging across all channels and with internal and external stakeholders
• Oversee the development of specialty marketing and exhibit materials
• Provide support and input on departmental budgeting
• Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral
• Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
• Stay up to date on current marketing trends
• Fulfill other duties as assigned
• Demonstrate commitment to the mission, vision and values of Special Olympics Colorado
• Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in website management, and graphic design.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, graphic arts, design or related area
• Thorough understanding of the design and print production process.
• Time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple complex projects with competing deadlines
• Demonstrated experience in working with various vendor types
• Experience working with content management systems
• Outstanding verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Command of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• Experience working with email marketing systems, customer relationship management systems and other marketing database automation tools
• High levels of critical thinking, organization, and the ability to quickly adapt to change
• Detail-focused mindset and ability to independently drive projects forward with urgency
• Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences
• Ability to work effectively across teams
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to relate to people from all walks of life
• Entrepreneurial spirit, humility, and integrity
• Bilingual/multilingual preferred
• Understanding of Colorado consumers, communities, and media markets.
• Must be able to assess and manage competing priorities
• Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
• Familiarity with HTML and CSS preferred
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, InDesign, and other graphic design software
• Strong self-motivation and the ability to work independently
• Support other departments contributing to team spirit and sharing of responsibilities
• Sense of humor
• Ability to work weekends and evenings as needed
• Ability to travel independently throughout the state
• Ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
• Ability to operate a computer for extended periods
• Applicants will undergo a background check after conditional employment offer
• All other duties as assigned
Mama Bird Doula Services is seeking a motivated and empathetic Outreach Coordinator to join our team. As an Outreach Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in reaching out to our community, establishing connections with potential clients and partners by promoting our services, classes, and other offerings in order to extend our support to as many families and community partners as possible.The Outreach and Communication Director will report to the Executive Director. The goals of the outreach program are to increase visibility for families of color, to create systemic and cultural changes through awareness education, and to increase the funding stream. This position will work in conjunction with the Executive team in the areas of fundraising, public relations, and marketing and achieving strategic goals
A genuine passion for supporting expectant mothers and families during pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
Knowledge of maternal health and childbirth practices is a plus
Experience in outreach, community engagement, or a related field is preferred.
Proficiency in social media platforms and marketing strategies is an asset.
Reliable transportation for community visits
This role will serve as an Outreach spokesperson to the general public to position and strengthen Mama Bird’s name recognition and reputation in the community. Facilitate community organizing through public presentations, in-service training, technical assistance, task-force participation, and public policy presentations.
Represents Mama Bird routinely and professionally at local, state, and national events and initiatives through attendance, public speaking, serving on committees, and presenting information sessions.
Coordinate quality assurance of all aspects of outreach by approving all presentations, gathering data, and reviewing surveys monthly. Then, provide a monthly outreach activity report to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
Attending events and conferences, holding a booth providing information on Mama Bird’s services, educating people on Doula Services, and supporting recruiting volunteers.