The Front Desk Attendant for the Providence at the Heights (PATH) Attendant will provide a physical presence to assist residents, enforce the rules of the building and to support the property manager in his/her efforts to ensure the property complies with all legal requirements. This position will collaborate with the property management team to create a welcoming, trauma-informed care environment. This position is located at PATH at 15650 E. Alameda Parkway, Aurora, Colorado, and reports to the Property Manager.
• Provides a courteous, physical presence at the front desk at PATH in a manner that builds trust in the community. Staff must remain awake and on site throughout their shift.
• Monitoring visitors to the building including requesting ID from visitors, having visitors sign in; and requiring that residents come down to pick up their visitors and escort their visitors out of the building at the end of visits.
• Ensuring residents follow all rules and escalating any violations to the Property Manager.
• Responding to residents; questions or concerns or elevating those questions or concerns to the Property Manager and/or Care Manager(s) when needed.
• Answering the property telephone and the telephone for the Property Manager when needed.
• Conducting hourly rounds of the property to ensure that the building is secure.
• Monitoring security cameras as directed by the Property Manager.
• Complete an inspection checklist to ensure the property is safe, clean, and well maintained.
• Respond to fire alarms and other emergencies. Responsible for calling first responders or Property Manager to ensure urgent situations are handled and reported appropriately.
• Complete logbook entries, incident, and other reports as needed.
• Provide a welcoming, professional presence that serves all residents fairly and consistently.
• Attend staff meetings and meeting with supervisors as requested.
• To have an understanding, appreciation and commitment to the mission and philosophy of Second Chance Center and the Permanent Supportive Housing model.
• Excellent customer service skills and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Skilled in conflict mediation and negotiation.
• Ability to demonstrate clear, professional boundaries.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Understanding and compassion for very low-income individuals and families and people experiencing homelessness.
• Knowledge and experience in crisis prevention, intervention and resolution techniques and ability to match such techniques to circumstances.
Education and Experience:
• High School diploma or GED preferred
• Familiarity with office programs and equipment (e.g. Word, Excel, printer etc.)
• Proficient in English (oral and written)
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk, or hear.
• The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 20 pounds.
• Reasonable accommodations in the work environment may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work:
This is a part-time position for 16 hours per week. You will work all Holidays and there is an opportunity to provide vacation and personal time off coverage. This is an in-office position. The hours are 6:00 AM PM to 02:30 PM on the weekends.