Ronald McDonald House Charitiesof Denver, Inc.
Since 1979, RonaldMcDonald House Charities of Denver, Inc. (RMHC-Denver) has offered a loving home away from home to families needingto be near their seriously ill or injured children while they’re being treated at metropolitan area hospitals.
Job Title: Fill-In Guest Service Associate
Effective Date: 8/28/2023
Reports to: House Program Manager/VP of Programs
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Position Level: Entry-level
Pay Range: $18-21.25/hour
RMHC-Denver is seeking a fill-in Guest Service Associate (GSA) to serve as a warm and welcoming front of house staff member to the families and children we serve. The ideal candidate would be mission-minded, with a heart for helping others.
This position is classified as a fill-in, non-exempt position working at least two shifts a month and one holiday a year for both the Denver and Aurora location. The work hours will be flexible depending on the needs of the position, including evenings and weekends. Shifts will either be from 7am to 3pm or 2:30pm to 10:30pm.
To protect the health of the families we serve and our staff, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Denver has a mandatory vaccination (Covid and seasonal influenza) requirement for all employees. Exemptions may be considered.
This role is responsible for supporting accommodations with the coordination of in-House check ins, making sure all check-in materials are complete and ready, support in the coordination of family programs and attend to in-house families, and cleaning up at end of shift. This position is also responsible for maintaining a supportive, safe, and secure environment, directing the work of volunteers, and assuring that services and programs are provided in a manner consistent with current policy and procedures. This role requires working directly with hospital and food partners, volunteers and families which requires the ability to interact in a
thoughtful, energized, and forward-thinking manner. This position is a multifaceted operator – creative, charming, outgoing, socially sensitive, flexible, organized, patient, team-oriented and imaginative with a knack for both detail and spontaneity.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Functions
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws. Certain job
functions described herein may be subject to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
1. Family Care/Housing
· Complete check-ins, check-outs, booking, and room scheduling.
· Appropriately respond to family requests and needs.
· Conduct House tours for community groups and guests as necessary.
· Respond to all family questions, requests, and emergencies.
· Maintain positive working relationships with hospital staff.
· Accept, process and put away in-kind donations.
2. Volunteer Program Services
· Assist in meal prep or clean up depending on shift needs.
· Supervise and assist volunteers with completing tasks, while maintaining positive relationships and interactions with the public.
· Monitor and maintain inventory of House (household items and cleaning supplies).
· Greet, screen, receive, sort, and inventory all incoming donations, mail and deliveries to House.
· Clean and keep areas tidy, functional and welcoming.
· Perform a walk-through of entire House to ensure organization and safety of guests.
· Log and follow up on all maintenance issues observed during walk-through of the House.
· Meet with outgoing/incoming staff and volunteers at the beginning and end of each shift to relay important information.
· Compile statistical data and do weekly operations tasks assigned to appropriate shift.
· Be available by phone at all times while on duty.
· Maintain a safe and secure communal living environment for families
Education, Experience & Abilities
· Interest in working with families and children
· Experience in working with diverse populations
· Spanish-speakers encouraged to apply
· Knowledge MS Office suite
· Basic computer knowledge with the ability to learn and use Family Registry
· Strong communication skills
· Good problem-solving skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Flexible work availability
· Willingness to commute to both Denver and Aurora locations
· Able to handle difficult situations with confidence and compassion
· Ability to perform physical requirements of an office-based position, including sitting, standing, lifting, and operating office equipment.
· Able to lift 25 pounds
RMHC-Denver provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RMHC-Denver complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policyapplies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.