Colorado Nonprofit Association
Medical Education Project Specialist
National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Medical Education Project Specialist to join our award winning Professional Education team. The candidate selected for this role will be a team player who is detail oriented and motivated to learn. This position will impact the institution through development, management, implementation and evaluation of innovative continuing education activities for a variety of healthcare professional learners. The ideal candidate will display a high level of initiative and independent judgment and project management skills.
What do we do? National Jewish Health is accredited to provide continuing education to physicians, pharmacists, and registered nurses. We develop high quality educational activities in a variety of formats to meet the needs of these healthcare provider groups as well as many others, both internally as well as regionally and nationally.
Why National Jewish Health? As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National Jewish Health places a priority on education, with a mission to heal, to discover and to educate as a preeminent healthcare institution. If you believe in Breathing Science is Life, we invite you to join our team.
For more information about National Jewish Health and our mission, vision, values and culture, please visit: http://jobs.nationaljewish.org/
Responsible for the development, management, and implementation of continuing medical education initiatives, including live, virtual, and enduring activities for the Office of Professional Education at National Jewish Health. Ensures compliance with all applicable accrediting bodies and regulatory agencies.
- Oversees and facilitates the development and implementation of live, enduring and performance/quality improvement educational activities.
- Responsible for the compliance of each activity to meet accreditation guidelines. Communicates accreditation guidelines to faculty and teams through the planning and implementation phases of an activity. Updates/keeps current CME tracking database with all activities.
- Conducts accreditation compliance audits to ensure all project documents and resolution actions are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Reviews the full project proposal and leads program planning meetings with internal and external project team members.
- Manages the project budget and accounting, including the tracking of all expenses and works with the educational grants team to reconcile project budgets according to the project timeline.
- Enforces project standards and ensures that institutional exposure and risk is minimized on all assigned projects.
- Responsible for the execution of the outcomes strategy in collaboration with the associate director, accreditation and programs and the educational grants team. Collects evaluation and assessment data for each live and online educational activity and prepares detailed outcomes summaries and status updates for funders, faculty, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with the marketing specialist and external distribution partners to promote live and online educational activities. Proactively monitors participation data to ensure each activity meets audience goals and guarantees.
- Assists in department administrative needs, including answering phones, processing financial forms, etc.
- Assists team in joint sponsorship management as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Building Trust: Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems; recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking “smart” risks and learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work and Time: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Up to 10%
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Work Experience: A minimum of 2 years recent and related experience required. Experience in meeting/event planning, communications and/or professional education program environment is preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Certified CME Professional (CCMEP), and/or Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) designation is preferred.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $68,000