· Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual communications plan across departments in support of MRC’s goals, both programmatic and general operating.
· In collaboration with the Financial Officer, build an annual budget to support the communication plan.
· Create content for the website and make sure it is updated regularly.
· Manage MRC’s website, making sure content is updated regularly.
· Compile, edit, and send e-newsletters on a quarterly basis.
· Produce a thorough and professional Annual Report for the agency, in both print and digital format.
· Produce high-quality print and digital advertising and promotional materials for all major events, campaigns, fundraisers, agency stationery, etc.
· Identify and cultivate the most suitable advertising avenues for MRC programming, grant awards, and events.
· Ensure that all print materials and signage conform to MRC brand and are professional in nature. Print and distribute professional signage as needed.
· Communicate and coordinate with CEO, VP of Programs and Services, and other staff to receive information and updates pertinent to communications and marketing.
· Manage social media accounts to highlight and promote events, volunteers, donors, etc.
· Build and manage a catalog of communication assets including stories, photos, and videos of MRC’s work with participants and the community.
· Ensure all staff have appropriate email signage, name tags, and voicemail messages.
· Organize, manage, and act as the point of contact for all MRC fundraising events.
· Work with CEO on designing and monitoring event budgets.
· Prepare sponsorship opportunity documents and identify and solicit event sponsors, as needed.
· Manage all facets of special events (logistics, ticket sales, social media, decorations, catering, registration, set-up/clean-up, etc.)
· Digital Marketing Literacy- knowledge of and experience with using common marketing software for website management, email campaigns, and social and print media platforms.
· Written Communication- must have a superb ability to execute writing assignments across varying platforms to disperse mission-driven and uniform communication to all MRC stakeholders and community members.
· Attention to Detail- demonstrate excellent project management, organizational skills, proofreading ability, as well as the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines and timelines for deliverables.
· Relationship Building & Interpersonal Skills- Collaborate with staff to communicate program successes to external stakeholders.
· Resourcefulness & Initiative-approach projects and tasks with a self-starter mindset, ability to self-manage and utilize all available resources to seek guidance when necessary.
· Creative Mindset- proactively develops new ideas while soliciting appropriate staff and patron feedback to create relevant marketing content to serve an evolving organization.
· Research & Information Gathering- ability to seek out organizational and departmental information to create short and long-term communication strategies.
· Forward Facing & Professional- Ability to speak eloquently on behalf of the agency at community events.
· Cutting Edge- Ability to stay on top of marketing and development trends that will advance the mission of the agency.
· Willingness to accept feedback and adapt accordingly.
· Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
· Willingness to be flexible with work schedule.
· Participation as an MRC team player by attending staff meetings and other organizational events and willingness to share knowledge to advance the knowledge and skills of others.
· Participate in ongoing professional development.
· Understanding and agreement to follow all policies, procedures & protocols of Mountain Resource Center.
· Conformance to a drug-free workplace, not be under the influence of alcohol and/or other illicit drugs of abuse.
· A professional, positive, and polite attitude and relationship with other MRC employees, volunteers, clients, and customers.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Credentials, Experience, and Qualifications
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience working in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience with Event planning or management.
• Previous experience and proficiency in the following platforms: Network for Good, MailChimp, Canva, and WordPress.
• Proof and maintenance of proper legal authorization to work in the United States