Colorado Nonprofit Association
Accounts Payable Administrator
The Accounts Payable Administrator processes accounts payable and correspondence for the Refugee Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Compiles and sorts accounts payable documents, including invoices and check requests, substantiating supporting documentation and verifying transaction coding. Processes and posts accounts payable to vendor sub-ledger accounts and the general ledger.
- Processes cash disbursements weekly or as needed, making payments on a timely basis.
- Corresponds with vendors and staff regarding accounts payable issues on assigned grants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have an understanding of accounts payable and general ledger.
- Must possess ability to use Word, Excel, and email; experience with Blackbaud preferred.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially on the telephone and with vendors, and be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be detail-oriented, with good organizational skills.
- Must be self-motivated, with high initiative and able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Possesses a valid Colorado driver’s license, and is able to travel throughout the agency service areas. Must carry automobile liability insurance at the level of 100,000/300,000/100,000.
- Demonstrates commitment to the Mission, Values and Vision of Lutheran Family Rocky Mountains.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.