At the Latin American Educational Foundation (LAEF), we invest in the promise of Colorado Latino students to
achieve their highest potential through scholarships, educational opportunities, and community partnerships. We are proud of our 74-year legacy and driven to create more accessible and equitable educational pathways for the Latino community in the state of Colorado.
As a member of the leadership team, and in partnership with the President & CEO, the Director of Development is responsible for leading all fundraising and community engagement efforts to diversify LAEF’s funding streams, deepen community partnerships, and create sustainability for the organization. This new position with our growing organization builds on our momentum and provides a rewarding opportunity for a seasoned professional to establish and form the systems, structure, and relationships that will increase philanthropic investment and eventually grow and strengthen our fundraising team. The leader in this role will oversee the development department and work to increase revenue through established partnerships, new partnerships, donor events, marketing, and volunteer engagement. This is a full-time, exempt position.
· Partner with the President & CEO to develop and implement an annual fundraising and community engagement plan in alignment with LAEF’s new 3-year strategic plan.
· Create a culture of philanthropy among LAEF staff and Board to make development an organization wide event.
· In collaboration with the President & CEO, develop, implement, and monitor a comprehensive fundraising strategy to expand philanthropic support for the organization through institutional and individual giving.
· Develop and execute a plan to strengthen organizational brand, communications/PR, and digital fundraising efforts.
· Provide oversight to all fundraising efforts to ensure organizational financial goals are met, including annual fundraiser and other community events.
· Cultivate relationships with the Board of Directors to leverage their influence to attract new prospective donors and develop a donor pipeline.
· Research and identify potential institutional and individual donors and implement strategies to foster positive relationships.
· Strengthen current donor relationships.
· Support and lead strategy development for all phases of the donor cycle, from the identification and cultivation of donor prospects to the solicitation and stewardship of existing donors, while actively pursuing and managing corporate and individual leads
· In partnership with President & CEO, relaunch LAEF’s alumni & YP Board.
· Develop a plan for donor cultivation events including breakfast meetings, networking activities and other events to attract new prospects.
· Manage distribution of all donor appeals, with focus on Colorado Gives Day.
· Develop and implement up-to-date donor communications materials for solicitations, and stewardship.
· Establish target for and manage a major gifts ($5K+) portfolio of 40-50 individuals.
· Support President & CEO in the management of his donor portfolio and provide administrative support for his solicitations.
· Oversee creation of marketing collateral, including but not limited to annual reports, website and digital assets, event invitations, and donor materials.
· Partner with the President & CEO and the finance department in the preparation of the annual fundraising budget.
· Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day management of the Development Department.
· Create and implement a plan to utilize the current CRM database system.
· Track performance goals of the Development Department including achievement of fundraising goals, dollars raised, donors acquired, renewals, retention and attrition rates, average gift, increased gifts (donor movement) and other fundraising measures.
· Provide monthly development reports to the President & CEO and the Board of Directors and manage board Development & Community Engagement Committee.
Passionate about pursuing educational equity for the Latino community. Minimum of 8-10 years of professional experience in fundraising, education, or non-profit sector. Demonstrated experience in resource development and meeting/exceeding fundraising/financial goals in previous positions. Experience working with community volunteers, including Board of Directors.
Demonstrated leadership/supervisory skills. Experience in project management, communications, budget & finance, database management. Experience with all Windows/Microsoft Office applications. Experience working in Latino communities.
Superior communication and interpersonal skills. Bilingual a plus.
· Mission Focused: serve as a catalyst that is committed to mission to create social change and equity for the Latino/a/x
· Strategic Management: envision, plan, monitor, analyze, assess, evaluate, and implement all development needs to enable LAEF to meet its annual fundraising goals and objectives.
· Results and Detail Oriented: proven track record of exceeding goals and developing and implementing work streams and plans.
· Decision Making, Problem Solving and Good Judgment: evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions, self-directed, high level of integrity and ethics, and hold confidentiality.
· Capacity Building: ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, develop staff, and implement processes that ensure the organization runs smoothly.
· Organizational Leadership: exceptional capacity for managing and leading people and building teams.
· Collaborative and Relational: strong ability to cultivate relationships and work collaboratively, curious, team player, and good humor.
Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodation. Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing, and typing. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal;
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.