About the position:
The Program Officer under the supervision of the President, will facilitate the review and management of the
Foundation’s grantmaking and other strategic investments, working closely with the Foundation’s contract
administrative assistant/grants manager and board members as well as grantee partners, foundation/nonprofit
colleagues, and community members to advance the Foundation’s mission. The program officer also
will serve as a thought partner to the President and other key stakeholders.
This is both an internal and external leadership role that calls for excellent conceptual acumen and
communications skills, as well as a demonstrated commitment to cultures of collaboration, partnership, and
team building. Key responsibilities for the position include strengthening existing Foundation programs,
creating new pathways for impact, driving partner engagement, representing Foundation values and efforts to
partners and the public, and strengthening evaluation and learning.
• Manage geographic and/or topical categories of work, ensuring alignment of grants and investments
with the foundation’s mission and strategies.
• Leverage and secure grant and program related investment opportunities, monitor investments in
the impact investing portfolio and source investing partnerships that advance the Foundation’s
strategic priorities. Works with broad community networks to identify opportunities and cultivates
• Evaluation and analyze impact investments to recommend for funding including underwriting, deal
structuring, managing the closing process, and providing portfolio management. This may include
oversight and interaction with external partners and consultants.
• Help manage individual relationships with grantees and potential grantees. This will include
performing due diligence on grant proposals, shepherding proposals through the foundation’s
approval process in a timely manner, and monitoring grantee progress toward objectives.
• Focus on the development and management of significant projects that the Foundation may
develop to further invest in its focus areas.
• Oversee progress of initiatives against milestones and evaluate effectiveness and impact of grant and
• Represents Foundation in public forums, expanding community outreach on impact investing and
strategic priorities, as needed.
• Stays current on relevant research, indicator findings and national research on the impact investing
industry, translating findings to the local context so it is relevant and useful. Shares industry insights
and best practices internally and externally.
• Oversees the development of communications (e.g. reports, newsletters, case studies, research and
social media) related to the Foundation’s work.
• Supports the administration of the Foundation including grants management, accounting,
technology and other office infrastructure as assigned by the President.