JA IS CHANGING THE LIVES OF YOUNG PEOPLE AND EMPOWERING THE NEXT
Junior Achievement’s mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed. The
inspiration piece comes from community volunteers who not only deliver JA lessons, but
also share their experience. In the process, these volunteers serve as role models helping
to positively impact young people’s perceptions about the importance of education, as
well as critical life skills. Preparation involves our proven lessons that promote financial
capability, work and career readiness, and entrepreneurship.
Junior Achievement associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings
together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high
school so they are empowered to own their economic success. Junior Achievement of
Southern Colorado offers a collaborative, dynamic and inclusive work environment, and
the opportunity to positively impact the lives of young people in our community.
POSITION CONCEPT: This position supports the operation, logistics and coordination of
Junior Achievement’s after-school program engagement and delivery at the United
Way’s Family Success Center located in Southeast Colorado Springs.
• Coordinate the planning and delivery of Junior Achievement’s after-school financial
literacy, entrepreneurship, and workforce readiness programs at the Family
Success Center to ensure a high-quality program experience for students,
volunteers, and educators.
• Work in partnership with Program & Education team on volunteer recruitment,
training, and evaluations.
• Work with school district representatives and host site partners to develop and
build a thoughtful program calendar.
• Develop digital and print communication plans and create relevant content to
provide the needed information to volunteers and students to prepare them for
• Build and create a stewardship plan to build and strengthen relationships with
educators and volunteers to recruit both student participants and dynamic
• Assist in developing and preparing marketing and training materials to ensure
effective recruitment and training for volunteers and educators.
• Process student/class registrations and maintain records in Blackbaud CRM.
• Manage inventory of printed materials, student and volunteer guides; Distribute
printed materials to schools and volunteer partners as needed.
• Support with volunteer and student training.
• Represent JA as an ambassador to both internal and external stakeholders.
• Support JA’s mission and the JA SOCO team through participation in special
events, retreats and fundraisers annually.
• Deliver on other projects and strategic tasks as required to enhance the JA
• EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
• Demonstrated passion for working with youth in a mission-driven organization or
• Strong problem-solving skills and adaptability.
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
• Exceptional communication skills and an ability to build relationships with diverse
groups of stakeholders at every level of the organization.
• Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks in a fast paced, changing
• Efficient, organized and detail oriented.
• Proficiency and ability to learn Microsoft Office, CRM platforms and other cloud based programs.