Colorado Nonprofit Association
Criminal Justice Case Manager
Do you want to make a difference and change lives EVERY DAY?
Do you have what it takes to be a positive influence on people in the criminal justice system?
Make a difference by working with a company committed to enhancing client’s success. RISE UP with us by incorporating our values every day.
Intervention, Inc., a Colorado non-profit, provides
services within the criminal justice system across the state of Colorado
including sobriety monitoring (UAs/BAs), electronic monitoring, probation
supervision and community corrections.
Provides case management
for a caseload of adult Diversion and Transition
clients, through supervision, monitoring compliance, and
holding clients accountable using evidence-based practices according to
Intervention policies and procedures
- Support, promote and adhere to the mission, values and Code of Conduct of Intervention Inc.
- Reflect Intervention Inc.s’ commitment to treating all persons with dignity and respect.
- Perform assessments/reassessments as required
- Develop individualized supervision case plan for each client based upon established protocols and client needs.
- Is accessible to clients for supervision, guidance, and resources outside of scheduled meeting times.
- Meet individually with each client at least weekly to evaluate progress in accomplishing case plan and sentencing requirements including all evidence based practices.
- Assist client in developing budgeting, employment, treatment and other pro-social behavior plans and monitor adherence
- Complete and maintain client files and records according to standards
- Monitor drug and alcohol tests as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- EDUCATION: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, psychology, social work, counseling, a social science or other closely related field.
- SUBSTITUTION FOR EDUCATION: Work experience in the areas of counseling, social work, law enforcement, corrections or community supervision which provided the same kind, amount, and level of knowledge acquired in the required education, will substitute on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated proficiency in general population case management
- Demonstrated experience in applying Motivational Interviewing skills and techniques
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with a variety of constituents
- Ability to complete assessments and develop case plans
- Ability to enter data, generate reports and create communications from variety of software programs and databases
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Knowledge of the cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and appropriate techniques and practices for the client population.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member and independently with Company staff, stakeholders, and with diverse client base.
- Must pass background check and be granted access to state criminal databases
Hours: 5 8’s or 4 10’s depending on location