Colorado Nonprofit Association
Coordinator, Economic Development
Cities are built by people. The creators of industry, makers of place. Visionaries—for what’s next. At the Downtown Denver Partnership, we are
building with vision.
We believe the horizon of a great city is always growing, always improving. We believe our city is only as strong as the center. And we know that a thriving, strategic evolution only happens when every voice steps up to the mic. When access allows for unbridled opportunity.
Whether we are talking about mobility and transportation or economic development, our organization focuses on fostering an impactful culture and business community that will support each and every citizen, giving us all a seat at the table.
Building our center city, making our place.
About the Position
The Coordinator position supports the economic development work plan of the Downtown Denver Partnership by facilitating internal and external communications, stakeholder engagement, and outreach related to the team’s core functions of business development, business retention, business recruitment, and acting as the voice of the downtown economy.
About the Job
- Internal Communications – The Coordinator will act as the economic development team’s primary liaison to the civic leadership & engagement (CLE) team to provide connections to economic development-related content experts for CLE initiatives such as committees, task forces, educational tours, and speaking sessions. The Coordinator will also work directly with our marketing & communications team (MarCom) to provide consistent updates on economic development-related content for the organization’s website, newsletters and social media.
- External Communications – The Coordinator will serve as the economic development team’s main point of contact for external inquiries, ensuring that requests are routed to the most appropriate team member to provide information in a thorough and timely manner. The Coordinator will also help facilitate ongoing relationships with downtown property owners, property managers, and owner’s representatives to ensure that they are aware of and engaging with the organization’s economic development initiatives and support programs.
- Administrative Support – The Coordinator, along with all team members, will support the organization’s programs and initiatives by assisting with event staffing and other duties as assigned to maintain the organization’s high standards of customer service.
You are detail-oriented, persistent, flexible, and a team player. You appreciate how engaging external stakeholders in the right way can inspire them to become city builders. You thrive knowing your contributions to the organization will enhance its ability to serve its customers and generate positive outcomes for downtown vibrancy. Your communications style is respectful, friendly, and timely. You continuously look for ways to improve workflow and efficiency. You possess a deep commitment to the collaborative, strategic, and community oriented culture of the Downtown Denver Partnership.
- Demonstrated professional experience involving communications support and stakeholder engagement.
- Proven organizational skills, including the ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to proofread deliverables for quality and correctness.
- Effective interpersonal skills, capable of communicating in a professional, positive, and inclusive manner with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work well under pressure, respond quickly to changes, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and proactively seek support as needed.
- Flexibility and willingness to occasionally work irregular hours for special events and programs.
- A good sense of humor and patience.
- Working knowledge of customer relationship building.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Experience with Salesforce and Teams are a plus.