Colorado Nonprofit Association
IT Business Analyst
Denver Scholarship Foundation (DSF) is seeking a passionate, driven individual with the desire to learn, grow, and excel in a culture that values every member of the team. In 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2023 DSF was named one of the Denver’s Top Workplaces, a testament to our team and to our intentionality in co-creating a positive, inclusive work environment. In 2022, DSF was named one of the Best and Brightest Companies to work for by the National Association for Business Resources. When you join the DSF team, you will enjoy a supportive, and innovative environment where your work has a profound impact on the lives of students and their families.
As a nonprofit organization, DSF’s mission is to inspire and empower DPS students to enroll in and graduate from postsecondary institutions of higher education, by providing the tools, knowledge, and financial resources essential for success. By embodying the core values of equity, innovation, leadership, learning, relationships, and integrity in everything we do, DSF strives to be a leader within the community. As we constantly seek to improve our services, we build strong relationships with college staff members, partners, students, team members and the broader community. We are committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion, believing in the value and ability of all students and team members.
We seek candidates who will model, live, and reinforce DSF’s mission and core values with colleagues, students, families, and the broader community. If you are passionate about the philosophy and mission of DSF, then we invite you to join us and help make college possible for Denver’s students.
We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented IT Business Analyst to join our team. This position will have a strong focus on data analysis and will play a pivotal role in translating complex data into actionable insights that drive informed business decisions. The ideal candidate will have strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills, as well as a baseline understanding of IT administrative systems.
- Serve as a functional subject matter expert on DSF systems, including but not limited to, Salesforce, Tibco (Data integration tool) and Power BI.
- Satisfies data sampling, project analysis, testing verification, and other user requests from existing databases.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to identify potential issues with underlaying systems or code.
- Produces reports, timelines, and graphics to communicate expectations and progress to management, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborates with DSF staff to thoroughly understand the needs to be supported by the information systems and technology and documents those needs as staff requirements.
- Perform basic Salesforce user and license management activities as needed.
- Assist in the resolution of Salesforce support tickets.
- Oversee and process reoccurring invoices from vendors.
- Acts as a liaison with IT and/or outside vendors to support relevant systems.
- Serve as administrative backup for key IT systems as needed.
- Assist with purchasing and managing IT assets.
- Creates, develops, and coordinates system training, materials and other educational tools.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates data literacy with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and a passion for accuracy in data analysis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience producing reports for internal and external audiences.
- Experience with databases and willingness to learn new database systems.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent combination of degree, certifications and experience.
- 1-3 years of related experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Experience using project management software, such as (Monday.com, Jira, Trello, Asana, etc.)
- Proficiency in data analysis and data visualization tools, such as (Excel, Power BI, SQL)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 application suite, including Excel, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, and other apps.
- Previous experience using Salesforce, or willingness to learn.
- Experience developing training modules with subject matter expert support.