Colorado Nonprofit Association
Security Officer I: Swing Shift (4pm-12am)
We are looking for a Swing Shift Security Officer to join our team! This position is responsible for patrolling, observing and monitoring the Museum while reporting any irregularities or damages. The Security Officer is expected to complete reports that include recording observations, information and surveillance activities in and around the facility. The Security Officer ensures that our guests feel safe and comfortable at all times while providing exceptional customer service. In this position, you will work closely with other Security Officers, the Denver Police Department, museum staff, and guests of the museum.
The Security Officer position requires excellent customer service skills, as you will be working with a diverse community in our exciting traveling exhibits. This position will use observational skills while responding to incidents and assisting museum guests. There is additional training and future opportunities to expand your knowledge and duties within the Security Department.
- Swing Shift: 4:00 PM to 12:00 AM ($20.00/hour)
- Observes, patrols, monitors and controls access for Museum facility complex
- Reports safety and Security Discrepancies
- Immediately responds to and assists in the coordination of emergency incidents
- Remain calm during stressful situations
- Participates in crowd control
- Provides customer service
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year of experience in security, military, or equivalent related service is required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Museum security experience
- Solid interpersonal skills to work with a diverse community.
- Experience in a Cultural Institution
- Certified Protection Professional (CPO) preferred
- Lifting requirements: Medium physical effort required by handling up to 20 pounds occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Ability to walk 6-8 miles/day to patrol the Museum and property.
- Ability to work outside as needed in all types of weather.
- Stand or sit: must be able to remain in a stationary position (80% of the time)
- Ability to move someone in a wheelchair, or relocate an injured party to a safer area.
- Ability to climb ladders and investigate issues in an emergency.
- Ability to obtain First Aid & CPR certification
- We love science.
- We are curious, creative and playful.
- We cultivate relationships with each other, diverse communities, and the environment and for our future.
- We think critically and act with empathy.