Colorado Nonprofit Association
Membership and Visitor Services Representative
About Denver Botanic Gardens: Green inside and out, Denver Botanic Gardens was founded in 1951 and is considered one of the top botanical gardens in the United States and a pioneer in water conservation. Accredited by the American Alliance of Museums, The Gardens has a robust living plant collection, natural history collection and art collection along with temporary art exhibitions. The Gardens is a dynamic, 24-acre urban oasis in the heart of the city, offering unforgettable opportunities to flourish with unique garden experiences for the whole family – as well as world-class exhibitions, education, and plant conservation research programs.
For more information, visit us online at www.botanicgardens.org.
Denver Botanic Gardens is currently seeking a Part Time Membership and Visitor Services Representative in our Membership Department! Read below to see if the requirements might be a good fit for you:
This position provides a positive visitor experience through prompt, pleasant and courteous service. It processes transactions for items at Denver Botanic Gardens including, but not limited to, general admission, memberships, classes, events and tours. Oversees lost and found and wheelchair and stroller checkout.
This position requires several forms of communication with the public, including but not limited to phone, computer and in person interactions.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides outstanding customer service to all staff, visitors, and DBG customers, including but not limited to phone, in-person, written, verbal, and electronic communication.
- Proactively seeks to be knowledgeable of all DBG horticulture, exhibits, programs and events to reflect the experience and brand at the Gardens.
- Opens, closes and reconciles daily ATMS shifts.
- Creates bookings and process sales for general admission, classes, tours, and events offered at Denver Botanic Gardens.
- Handles all aspects of onsite and phone membership sales, including: taking payment through ATMS, recording member data in Raiser’s Edge and printing member cards.
- Helps members with redemption of complimentary tickets to York St. and Chatfield Farms events.
- Runs daily attendance and member reports.
- Helps members and non-members with account management.
- Oversees lost and found and wheelchair and stroller checkout and at Information Desks in Boettcher Memorial Center and Freyer-Newman Center.
- Stocks and maintain brochures, rack cards, etc at Information Desks
- Greets meeting/event guests and contact appropriate staff.
- Maintains regular admissions hours, as well as operate during special events, including evenings and weekends as necessary.
- Acts as a positive role model.
- Works with all departments to assure highest quality experience for all DBG visitors within the Visitors Center, Resource Center, Mordecai Children’s Garden and throughout the Gardens.
- Regular attendance at the worksite may be required. As with all positions at DBG, the incumbent must be in good performance standing to be eligible for remote work. Remote work is at the discretion of management at all times.
Position Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The incumbent must have the ability to accurately enter data, count money and balance a cash drawer in a fast-paced and high-volume environment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest,
- commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must have proven excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills in dealing with the public.
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure and able to deal well with stressful situations.
- Ability to be flexible and willing to modify plans when necessary, throughout the day.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and Teams.
- Knowledge of POS software management and Raiser’s Edge and ATMS software preferred.
- Ability to work overtime as necessary.
- Must be a positive representative of DBG both internally and externally at all times.
- Must work with respect and cooperation at all times with fellow employees and the public.
- Must be committed to working safely at all times.
- All Gardens employees must be committed to the mission of connecting people with plants, especially plants from the Rocky Mountain region and similar regions around the world, providing delight and enlightenment to everyone.
- High school diploma / GED and/or combination of education and equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 1 years of experience in in admissions in a museum/cultural environment or similar type organization preferred.