ABOUT FAMILIES FORWARD RESOURCE CENTER
Families Forward Resource Center (FFRC) is a full-service family resource center providing supportive services and programs to northeast Denver and north Aurora metro areas. Our
mission is to enrich entire families through partnerships and services that create a safe, healthy, and connected community. FFRC has been serving the Far Northeast Denver and Aurora communities for over 20 years.
Families Forward Resource Center (FFRC) is seeking a full-time Office Receptionist. The Office Receptionist is the first point of contact for our organization and is responsible for
creating a warm and welcoming environment. The Office Receptionist’s duties include providing administrative support, welcoming guests, and greeting visitors and participants. Coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
To be successful the Office Receptionist needs to have a pleasant personality, as this is also a customer service role. You should also be able to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner, while streamlining office operations. Multitasking and stress management skills are essential for this position. This role may require working in shifts, so flexibility is a
plus. The ideal candidate will be professional, well organized, and comfortable working in an environment where daily tasks can vary day-to-day based on client volume and degree of needs.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Office Reception
Support with special projects
· Participates in maintenance/revisions of yearly program calendar.
· Coordinate room setup for meetings such as all staff meetings,
staff retreats, etc.… (with exception to program meetings)
· Maintain a professional attitude and adhere to a high level of
confidentiality towards participants and FFRC staff
· General administrative support
· Maintains office files and equipment inventory of IT equipment for staff and participants.
· Tracking volunteer hours for staff
· General administrative support
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Accountabilities
· Genuine Interest in Families Forward Resource Center mission
· Warm and welcoming
· Customer Service Attitude
· Professional attitude and appearance
· Strong Communication Skills
· Strong multi-tasking and time management skills
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
· Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to work independently
· Experience and ability to identify with low-income, immigrant families from diverse communities
· Collaborate with other FFRC programs to ensure effective communication and coordination
· Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and deal with adversity
· Participation as a FFRC team player by attending staff meetings and other organizational events and willingness to share knowledge to advance knowledge and skills of
· Understanding and agreement to follow all policies, procedures & protocols as set forth in the CNDC/FFRC Employee Handbook.
· Conformance to a drug-free workplace, not be under the influence of alcohol and/or other illicit drugs of abuse.
· A professional, positive, and polite attitude and relationship with other Focus Points employees, volunteers, clients, and customers.
· High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Bilingual, oral and written (English/Spanish)
· Ability to read, write and communicate in Spanish and English.
· Preferred 2 to 3 years of office experience