Position OverviewAs a member of the Development team, the Corporate and Foundations Relations Director will lead stewardship of current corporate and foundation fundraising efforts, as well as identify, cultivate, and secure new funding opportunities to grow private revenue for City Year Denver. Reporting to the
Managing Director, Development, and working closely with site leadership, Site Board and Associate Board members, the Corporate and Foundations Relations Director will contribute to achieving the departmental goal of achieving/exceeding the private revenue goal of $1.1M for FY24.
This person will be an effective relationship builder and storyteller who can bring our educational equity work to life though strong presentations, communication, and grant proposals that inspire investment and build a pipeline of corporate philanthropy and foundation funding. They will be a creative fundraiser, passionate about education and social justice that leverages their network, knowledge of Denver corporations and foundations, existing City Year relationships, and targeted prospects to build a pipeline of champions. They will develop customized philanthropic engagement that builds genuine connection, advancing this important work, including the prioritization of time and resources to ensure maximum return. This individual must possess a collaborative working style; someone who will serve as a producer and thought partner to leadership and stakeholders throughout the site, as well as leveraging the support and resources from City Year’s national Headquarters team.
Responsibilities Corporate Partnerships
* Work closely with the Managing Director, Development to retain and cultivate existing corporate revenue and develop strategies to grow the corporate portfolio over time.
* Work closely with the Board and Development Team, to identify, engage, and cultivate corporate prospects that can make annual and multiyear investments at the $10,000+ level.
* Leverage existing City Year programs, including Team Sponsorships, corporate service days, and specialty market events, and design new initiatives to attract new partners.
* Manage the local contacts for City Year’s national relationships at up to $100,000+ annually, with the opportunity to work on national strategies for growth.
* Work closely with the Executive Director, Managing Director, Development, and Regional Grants Manager to oversee a portfolio of existing foundation relationships and identify, research, and set strategies to actively prospect new foundation funders with a goal of increasing funding.
* Systematically track deadlines & foundation expectations to ensure reports and letters of intent are submitted in a timely manner to ensure ongoing funding.
* Work closely with Regional Grant Writer to submit compelling and timely grant proposals and reports. Pipeline Development and Prospect Engagement
For both Corporate and Foundations
* Act as a thought partner with the Managing Director, Development and Executive Director to strategize and manage donor prospect stewardship efforts, which may include school site visits, corporate service days, and other external networking events.
* Manage Associate Board with intentional engagement and partner with Board members to expand our current network of supporters.
* Partner with Development Team to manage and strengthen Mentor Program
* Prepare Executive Director and Managing Directors to make asks, as necessary.
* Actively participate in bi-weekly pipeline meetings with Development Team and Executive Director.
* Participate in monthly Board Development Committee calls with the Managing Director, Development. Donor Recognition and Development Operations
* Develop and maintain strategic moves management plan to direct and monitor the progress of donor relationships.
* Ensure accurate maintenance of donor information, revenue records, and collection documentation in Salesforce.
* Regularly monitor progress and follow up to ensure timely collection of gifts.
* Ensure existing and new donors are added to mailing lists and campaigns.
* 5 -8 years’ experience in fundraising, sales, or other relationship management * Experience creating and implementing cultivation strategies with corporate donors
* Experience working with foundations, identifying prospects, and writing proposals
* Expertise in Salesforce a plus Proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals
* Entrepreneurial and eager to build a sustainable program
* Strong and compelling oral and written communications
* Strong collaborator and individual contributor who can adapt their style to the circumstances
* Able to work effectively under pressure, handle competing priorities and respond to short deadlines, with a team and independently
* Strong passion for and commitment to City Year’s mission of delivering high impact service to children and schools; developing young adults participating in national service; promoting and advancing the concept of voluntary national service; belief in youth as agents of social change
* City Year / AmeriCorps experience is a plus
Additional Qualities Needed: In order to succeed in this role, an applicant must have the following competencies:
* Relationship Development: Knowledge of high net worth communities via local business, civic, and cultural networks. Understanding and experience working with Denver’s philanthropic community. Builds trust in critical partner relationships, both internal and external to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes and advances City Year’s mission.
* Manage to Results: Sets high expectations and holds self and team accountable for results. Ability manage time effectively and prioritize multiple projects with a positive can-do attitude. Flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable partnership needs and willingness to work outside standard established business hours.
* Communication: Persuasive storyteller that conveys thoughts clearly and concisely. Communicates well verbally and in writing, tailoring communication for the audience and situation. Demonstrate personal presence and confidence when working with partners. Can connect tasks to the organizational mission to communicate effectively internally and externally.
* Strategic Thinking & Curiosity: Able to think conceptually and analytically. Able to identify the information needed to develop strategies and know when to elevate or seek guidance. Willing and eager to learn as well as able to identify key pieces of information.