Social Worker/Program Manager
Provide leadership, oversight, and program supervision for staff, volunteers, and residents. Ensure safety of the home and residents. Participate in community engagement through participation in established groups/coalitions, and present to local groups and organizations on Bakhita Mountain Home. The Social Worker is responsible for the delivery of program services to our residents as well as the coordination of those services under the direction of the Executive Director. This position requires someone who has the gift of leadership, enjoys cultivating others and their gifts, and provides clinical oversight of the current residential program. Additionally, this role measures the effectiveness of the program and makes changes as needed, ensures the program and staff adheres to the approach to care Bakhita Mountain Home holds. The Social Worker will make sure that services are meeting the needs of individual residents. This position provides supervision to residential staff and support and mentorship to the women living in the Bakhita Mountain Home residence. This individual will orient, direct, and coach residents on the daily routines of the program within the home. The Social Worker will ensure residents have access to timely services provided by qualified therapists, instructors, and volunteers, and ensures services are meeting our residents’ needs.
This position is a hybrid work environment requiring the individual work in the residential home, the community, and from a home office. The description outlines the job functions and estimates the hours spent in each setting, the number of hours in each setting will vary based on program needs. This position is a full-time exempt position. The position sometimes requires evening and weekend support and offers flexibility for staff in establishing working hours that meet both program and employee needs.
Direct Resident Support and Staff Supervision (On site): Approximately 20 hours a week
· Provides coverage in house when scheduled staff is unavailable to ensure consistency with staffing.
· Responsible for oversight of home to include communication with maintenance, resident safety, and overall operations of the home.
· Be available for emergencies outside normal business hours and participate in on call rotation. (respond by phone only not required to respond on site)
· Oversee and facilitate application, assessment, review, orientation, and planning for all residents.
· Provides case management and resident support as needed, based on staffing and resident needs.
· Facilitates groups in the home to include financial education, community building, and other identified group needs.
· Oversees/Coordinates/Provides transportation as needed.
· Gain certification in Address Confidentiality Program and provide ACP services for residents.
· Maintains house inventory and supplies.
Supervision of Staff:
· Ensure staff coordinate scheduling and follow-ups with dental, vision, and health providers.
· Assist staff in connecting clients with community resources and social services including but not limited to Department of Human Services, job placement and educational opportunities.
Community Outreach/Engagement: (in community/home office) Approximately 5-10 hours a week.
· Maintain/Develop working partnerships with the local social service agencies and professionals, such as El Paso County Department of Human Services, Legal Aid, therapists, doctors, dentists, addiction recovery specialists, Yoga Instructors, etc. to assist the women in the residential program.
· Facilitate presentations in the community about BMH and human trafficking.
· Participate in community outreach and education.
· Coordinates donation requests and pick up.
Administrative Tasks/Program Oversight (working from home office): Approximately 5-15 hours per week.
· Respond to community and prospective resident inquiries via phone and email.
· Keep informed about significant developments and trends and services available for trauma-informed care for survivors of human trafficking.
· Oversee the implementation and evaluation of the resident life program and initiatives to ensure the accomplishment of BMH’s mission.
· Evaluate and uphold quality assurance efforts with our various social service agency partners.
· Provide administrative assistance in answering phones and assist Executive Director as needed.
· Maintain official records and documents, ensure confidentiality and secure storage for resident, staff, volunteer, and donor files as well as financial records, compliant with federal, state, and local regulations.
· Create monthly calendars for resident activities and outings, to include scheduling staff.
· Track services provided and case notes in case management software.
· Additional tasks as assigned by Executive Director.
· Bachelor’s degree in social work, MSW preferred. Currently licensed in CO
Will consider MSW student and/or recent graduates.
· At least two (2) years’ experience in working directly in social services, including direct contact with vulnerable populations.
· Understanding of: trauma, dynamics of family dysfunction, child abuse and neglect, domestic violence, and substance abuse.
· Strong team building skills, proven project management skills, ability to allow autonomy without micro-managing. This includes managing and guiding group and organizational efforts.
· Excellent reading, analyzing, speaking, writing and interpersonal communication skills.
· Proven track record working with clients/residents, employees/volunteers, and the community.
· Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients and have difficult conversations.
· Demonstrated ability to use initiative and resources to guide, advise and help residents.
· Intermediate to advanced skill level in computer software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and all MS Office Suite-all versions.
· Proactive approach that is looking for ways to maintain and improve processes and help people by applying creativity and flexibility to achieve outcomes.
· Possess and maintain current Colorado Driver’s license and retain auto insurance as law requires.
***Work life balance is extremely important to us at Bakhita Mountain Home we offer flexible schedules and a hybrid work environment.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time