Colorado Nonprofit Association
Dawson, a K-12 independent school of 535 students located east of Boulder on a beautiful 112-acre campus, seeks an exceptional Facilities Manager to supervise and manage all day-to-day facilities operations. Dawson facilities include multiple classroom buildings, residential housing, athletic fields, and a sewer facility. This position is equal parts administrative and hands-on work. This position participates in board meetings, initiates and manages remodeling projects, develops estimates, oversees vendors, does event set-ups, manages key and access requests, controls all HVAC /BAS, and manages Groundskeeping. This person provides leadership for the amazing maintenance crew. The position reports to the Chief Financial & Operating Officer.
Dawson School Mission Statement
Dawson School is dedicated to excellence of mind, body, and character. We prepare students through challenging and relevant learning, to become creative, resilient problem-solvers who bring their best to the world.
- High school diploma or GED required, Business Degree preferred
- 10+ years of previous experience related to facility operations
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques and methods
- Colorado Driver’s License required with good driving record
- Previous supervisory experience
- Proficient with computer software including email, calendar, google suite, vendor software systems, payroll system, and excel spreadsheets
- Certified Pool Operators Certification preferred
Personal / Physical Qualifications
- Lead by doing. Be a role model for work ethic and safety
- An attitude that exemplifies teamwork and personal responsibility
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for work with all school constituencies
- Model school virtues of respect, compassion, courage, and integrity
- Communicate (orally and in writing) effectively with all school constituencies
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals in a fair and courteous manner
- Must be able to work with multiple distractions
- Must be able to handle difficult physical labor up to 8 hours a day; including indoor and outdoor environments involving hot and cold weather conditions
- Must be able to be on feet and walking, kneeling, stooping for extended periods of time
- Perform plumbing, HVAC, basic electrical and snow removalDuties
- Oversee all aspects of on-campus facilities projects from estimating, vendor selection, processing payments and closeout. Such projects include remodel and renovation projects as well.
- Develop and implement procedures for the efficient and effective operation of the maintenance department
- Model workplace safety and customer service for the maintenance team
- Supervise the maintenance and grounds team, including performance management, payroll processing, and vacation management
- Supervise and support the transportation supervisor and bus drivers
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective preventive maintenance and energy conservation programs for all HVAC equipment/ systems, electrical/ utility systems, and other building systems
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, Fire Codes, federal/state/local ordinances, insurance requirements, and any other applicable codes or ordinances
- Develop procedures and maintain proper written records of maintenance and repair activities
- Oversee and participate in snow removal
- Knowledge of problem solving techniques to effectively identify problems and determine the most appropriate course of action
- Manage all aspects of building automation and work order software
- Work closely with the security department
- Interview and train new employees
- Be on call as required which may include managing vendors on the weekend
- Assist team with set up for school special events
- Oversee swimming pool operations
- Manage USPS and all deliveries
- Communicate safety at all levels
The salary range for this position is $75,000 to $110,000. Compensation is commensurate with experience and relevant skills. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Life, 401(k), and generous paid time off.
Interested candidates should go to the Dawson website (www.dawsonschool.org), and click on About Us at the top of the page, click on Employment, scroll to the middle of the page, click the link under JOIN OUR TEAM!, and select the Facilities Manager posting to apply for this position. Only online applications will be accepted. No phone calls please.
Dawson School Diversity Statement:
Dawson actively promotes and embraces the exchange of diverse perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds through curricular design, community involvement, and the integration of our four virtues –- respect, compassion, courage, and integrity — into every aspect of our community life. It is our responsibility to provide a safe and inclusive learning environment for all members of our community, regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, age, ability, or religion, as well as to cultivate in each student the ability to make empathetic, socially responsible decisions.